Pages

Total Pageviews

Friday, June 15, 2012

Euro surprise

Yesterday was my first visit to the fan zone in Kiev and I wasn't disappointed. The camaraderie between the English and the Swedish supporters was excellent and I anticipate that relationship staying the same for tonight's game. It was certainly embellished by the Swedish band on show singing some Oasis classics. What ever happened to Abba?

What followed did come as a slight surprise as a middle aged woman came to me offering sex. When I declined she then said it was for money, perhaps expecting me to change my mind. I did not and I suggested she should head towards the Swedish contingent offering her services as they have more money than the English. She took heed of my advice and headed in their direction.

One disappointing footnote has to be aimed in the direction of the Official England Supporters bar where they are trying to exploit fans by charging relatively extortionate prices, three times that of just about anywhere else in the city, including the fan zone which it neighbours.

No comments:

Post a Comment